When you enter this small and intimate complementary health spa, you are warmly welcomed. Instantly you know you are in good and safe hands. PrairieChic Spa's natural health practitioners' goal is to provide treatments that engender deep relaxation. You will leave feeling wonderful.
PrairieChic spa offers the following treatments:
- Shirodhara - Is a deeply relaxing Eastern (Ayurvedic) treatment in which a steady stream of warm oil is poured over the forehead.
- Reiki - Is a Japanese therapy in which the practitioner places their hands on the client’s fully-clothed body – in wuch a way as to channel universal life energy to flow through the body.
- Thai Foot Massage - Working with the feet, lower leg, and knees, this treatment frees up blocked energy to produce a deep and unique feeling of balance, relaxation, and well-being.
- Champissage - Is a form of Eastern (Ayurvedic) touch therapy, massaging the scalp, ears, neck, shoulders, upper back, and upper arms. It has a balancing effect on the recipient, thereby promoting a sense of well-being.
- Facelift Massage - This is an invigorating Western (European) Facelift Massage for those “on the go”, but still wanting to reap benefits of improved skin time and clarity, walking away with a radiant glow on the face.
- Facelift Rejuvenation - Is a specialized massage Eastern (Ayurvedic) treatment that can make skin softer, more supple and refined, and that may help reduce sagging by improving muscle tone and encouraging micro-circulation.
- Reflexology (Foot, Hand, or Ear) - Is a natural, non-invasive therapy, based on the principle that there are reflexes in the feet, hands and ears that correspond to every area in the body.
The treatments are not intended as an alternative to medical treatment; rather, as a complement to it.
Who is behind the business?
Owner Dawn May believes in the treatments PrairieChic Spa offers and has a passion to help people ease the stress from their lives. The treatments were chosen mindfully - she studied treatments from around the world and wanted to share these skills with the people in the prairies. From that PrairieChic Spa was born.
What is their philosophy in the business?
A complementary health spa and designated Green Spa, PrairieChic Spa is a group of like-minded natural health practitioners whose goal is to nurture your body and spirit.
Their aim is to make your time with them a calming, life-enhancing experience, which builds their relationship with you — their clients — and with their community.
PrairieChic Spa treatments are recognized by various organizations, including the Natural Health Care Practitioners of Canada Association (Reflexology, Reiki), the Canadian Reiki Association, the Reflexology Association of Canada, and the Complimentary Medicine Association (Britain).
There are health insurance plans that may cover some holistic treatments, so check with your provider.